Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to Escape Death
Bill Weather
Did you know, you can't earn eternal life by being good? If we were to make any claim at being good enough to make it past our sin (as though God doesn't already know), then we are asking God to judge us based on works. If that is the case, then perfection would be required because God must judge all sin. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).

But God knew we could not live up to that standard of perfection, so he sent his Son to be judged in our place, therefore, we must come to God based on faith and not on works, so then, faith in what Christ did for you and I passes us from death to life, eternal life.

With true faith, comes a change of mind and a sorrow for selfishness and sin. This is what the bible calls repentance.
For with the heart, one believes unto the point of doing righteousness and confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10)

If you are ready to take a leap of faith and make the commitment to follow Christ, you have the attention of Heaven and God is ready to give you his Spirit, to walk with you and teach you his ways. Say this prayer and if you really mean it, God has just wrote your name in his book of life and you have officially escaped death, this by the promise of his word (Romans 10:9-10)
Pray this prayer

Lord Jesus, from this day forward, I commit to follow you. Forgive me of my past. Grant me the promise of the Holy Spirit to rule in me, as I follow you. I vow to read your word in scripture, seek fellowship with believers, and take a stand for you without shame. Any sin in my life today, I denounce it and being suckered by this world and it's temptations.
Thank you for granting me eternal life and power over death ~ Amen

That if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart, one believes unto the point of doing righteousness and confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)

If you've prayed that pray, you are now a part of the family of God. As a family, it is important to connect. This is God's will. Let me know you've decided to follow Christ, email me weatherbill88@gmail.com
  Next step? Obey Christ's command to be publicly baptized to declare before others that you are now a follower of Christ. This is non negotiable. This is a firm command in scripture! Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38)